Thursday, February 5, 2009

4 Years


Positive reinforcement is great, however sometimes it is blind, we need the truth once in a while, it hurts because your work is a reflection of you. But I would rather honesty then blind support.

Honest Support, yes it exists. I have grown with these people I have called my friends these past 4 years, they have helped me become who I am as a person and as an artist and then there are those who just are just the opposite. It is best to have a good balance of friends, those you have fun with, those your most creative with, those your down to earth with, and I am fortunate to hold all those qualities with my friends.

As far as what I do not need in my life are people who come down on our generation for our choices, our interests in life, the expansion of new things, people who have had turmoil in their life but have not overcome it mentally and in return throw it over others. I have made the mistake of feeding in and taking advantage of these people before, it's not fair to me or to them. Association is a huge percentage of people impression, I would like to keep my list clean. And keep my associations with positive, creatively expansive people who are not stuck in a bubble of a right and a wrong, a good and a bad.


It's cool to think before I came to Brooklyn, I was working behind a counter at an imaging lab, now I actually have jobs coming in. It's exciting.


No comments: