Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Airbrushing and it's bad name





I have not taken many photos recently that have really followed the path I have been taking with photography, I have been taking photos here and there and letting them sit, every one in a while I will go in and photoshop a few.

Photoshop, I hate the word, the average Joe uses it as a word meaning to fix but it has gotten to the point where I am so bothered by it.

Recently I edited this photo of Sophie that I took from a few videos we recorded, nothing special a few channel layers, a high pass overlay, and a few adjustment layers, that's all.

And the feedback I hear... "It's too airbrushed" ... Really? That is interesting because I did not brush over the skin at any point. I think some people have interfering opinions however it bothered me so much as if 1, airbrushing is so wrong, to perfect someone much like Michealangelo in the sistine Chapel did, or Leonardo Da Vinci in any of his paintings. It is wrong to leave out blemishes and pimples? Or would you consider it an embellishment?




No comments: